All Nikka thinks about is making partner in the law firm she works for. So, when the firm sends her to the Springs, a women’s resort town and home of famous lesbian author Beth Walker, Nikka jumps at the chance to prove herself to her sexy boss, Lea.
But nothing in the Springs is as it seems. Beth is hiding secrets about her mysterious past with movie star Dawn Montgomery. Lea may only be out for her own gain and keeping Beth a prisoner in her own home. And the only person who might see the truth of the situation is adorably impulsive Maggie.
Will Nikka stay true to her life’s ambition, or will she dare look into the mystery—and into her own heart?
Release date: July 2016
Awards and honorable mentions:
- GCLS Goldie 2016 Finalist
- Rainbow Award Lesbian Lesbian Contemporary & Erotic Romance Runner-up 2016
- Book of the Month – Love Bytes Review – July 2016
- Highly Recommended Book – The Lesbian Review
- Top 10 Age Gap Romances – The Lesbian Review
“In”Heartwood,” Catherine’s second novel, she accomplishes something that’s a bit rare in lesbian fiction. She manages to throw some curves into the book that really kept me guessing. That’s difficult to do when you’re trying to get two characters positioned to live happily ever after, and I think she does it skillfully.”
– Susan X Meagher – Best selling award winning lesfic author –
“I found myself torn between rushing to the end and savouring every second, and I was a very happy reader by the end of the book. I loved Heartwood and highly recommend it. It’s not your typical lesbian romance, and that’s exactly why you should pick it up.”
– Tara Scott, The Lesbian Review –